Dr. Praveena Gangadharan
Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
Kerala, India, PIN 678 557
(Under Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Govt. of India)
Tel : +91 4923 226 473
Fax: +91 4923 226 300
Reuse of reources is inevitable due to its scarcity. wastewater is a potential source of various resources like organic matter, phosphorus, nitrogen, heavy metals, thermal energy, etc. Our reserach group is looking for possible alternatives by adopting coherent and viable strategies to deploy the most sustainable solutions.
The main focus of my research is to develope technologies that utilize waste as a resource and provide sustainable solutions for multiple environmental problems such as clean water production, wastewater treatment, nutrient and energy recovery.
Our group works on:
- Microbial Fuel cells for the synchronized removal/recovery of heavy metals and energy production
- Microbial desalination cells as a cleaner water production concept
- Human excreta based bio-economy
- Electrochemical treatment technique for the removal of fluoride from groundwater
- Advanced oxidation process for water and wastewater treatment